TERMS & CONDITIONS
DJ ("DJ"): Joshua Langford
- DJ shall appear to perform at the provided location at the provided date and time for the requested duration. (collectively, the "Performance").
- No less than 7 days before the earliest Performance, Hirer (You) must provide DJ with a music request list, if any. DJ will not be held responsible if certain selections are unavailable.
- The balance of the total fee (the “Fee”) is due IMMEDIATELY at the BEGINNING of the earliest Performance.
- If payment is not received prior to the event start time on the day of the Performance, the Hirer (You) will receive no service until payment is made in full.
- DJ reserves the right to decline or charge additionally for work that exceeds the Performance description above. If accepted, additional work will be billed and shall be payable the day the work is performed.
- Should the Performance be located beyond a 150 mile radius of Indianapolis, IN, Hirer (You) will be billed a $200 lodging fee.
EQUIPMENT AND ACCESS
- DJ will furnish the following equipment for the Performance: DJ Equipment, PA System
ADDITIONAL Hirer OBLIGATIONS
Hirer (You) will:
- Be responsible for the furnishing of one table at least 4 feet by six feet (4’ X 6’) in surface area and suitable for placement of sound system/equipment.
- Provide reasonable access to the venue for setup, sound checks, and takedown. Provide onsite parking for DJ.
- Provide safe working conditions for DJ and ensure that all furnished equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Be in compliance with all statutory requirements, including adequate staging with protection from the sun and bad weather, and will obtain all permits, consents and licenses necessary for the Performance.
- Provide safe and adequate power supplies operated by competent persons in accordance with all statutory requirements. If any of DJ's equipment is damaged by improper operation of the power supply by Hirer (You), then Hirer (You) will reimburse any cost incurred to repair or replace the equipment.
DELAY & INTERRUPTIONS
- If any performance is delayed, interrupted or finishes early as a result of any act or omission of the Hirer (You) or due to weather or an act of God, Hirer (You) remains liable to DJ for the full Fee.
CANCELLATION OF PERFORMANCE
- If Hirer (You) cancels the Performance less than 14 days before the earliest performance, DJ shall retain the Deposit and the entire balance of the Fee shall be payable to DJ. If Hirer (You) cancels earlier, then DJ shall retain the Deposit.
- If DJ is unable to perform due to weather conditions, an act of God or any other cause beyond the DJ's control, then DJ shall retain the Deposit.
- If DJ cancels for reasons within DJ's control, DJ must refund the Deposit.
RECORDING AND IMAGES
- Hirer (You) is not authorized to record (audio or video), photograph, or broadcast the Performance or use DJ's likeness for any purpose except as follows: Personal, non-commercial use.
LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
- In no event shall DJ's liability to Hirer (You) exceed the Fee amount.
- Hirer (You) shall be responsible for any injury or damages to the DJ or property of the DJ while on the premises of the Performance, if damage is caused by Hirer (You), guests, or any other parties in attendance, whether invited or not.
- Hirer (You) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless DJ from any claims, actions, suits, damages or other costs from anyone who suffers any loss or damage as a result of the Performance or cancellation of the Performance.
- DJ is an independent contractor, not an employee of Client. DJ is solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, insurance, and any obligations that may apply to an independent contractor.
- No party to this Agreement may delegate, transfer or assign this Agreement to another party without the written consent of the other parties to this Agreement.
- This is the parties' entire Agreement on this matter, superseding all previous negotiations or agreements. It can only be changed by mutual written consent.
- The laws of the state of Indiana govern this agreement and any disputes arising from it must be handled exclusively in courts in that state. The prevailing party in any dispute will be entitled to recover reasonable costs and attorneys' fees.
- Signing a copy of this Agreement, physical or electronic, or by checking the “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” box upon paying the deposit fee, shall have the same effect as signing/agreeing to an original.
DJ: Joshua Langford